Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Book Review: Creatura

Book Review
Purchase this book here! Creatura (The Creatura Series Book 1)

This was our book club pick for the month of May.  I struggled with this read a little bit because I felt I was being told a story rather than being shown a story so it made it difficult for me to escape into it.  I felt like there were times when the plot dragged enough to lose my attention if I didn't really devote the time to plug into it; then other parts of it were very action packed and I was kept turning pages.  I felt like there either needed to be more consistent action and suspense throughout the whole book, or the action and suspense that did exist needed to be more balanced throughout the book.  The one thing about this book that really bothered me though was how throughout the majority it is told in the first person from the perspective of Isis but then about halfway through the book and then again at the end it suddenly switches perspectives and is then being told in the first person through the eyes of someone else.  Those parts felt like a very choppy transition.  I think that could have been written in a different manner in order to still show those perspectives without it affecting the flow of the storyline.  I will say, however, that it left quite a cliffhanger right at the end that for whatever reason I was not anticipating.  It left me almost wanting to pick up the next book in the series.  Almost, but not quite.  I gave this read 2/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment