Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Book Review: Before I Go

Book Review:


Purchase this book here! Before I Go

     I loved this book!  This is one of those books where you know the ending when you begin, and yet, by the end it feels like you have forgotten that you already knew the ending.  Daisy has a charming way of sneaking into your heart when you aren't looking and taking up residence there.  Her sarcastic wit and brutal honesty strikes a cord in me that I didn't expect.  And Jack!  Everyone needs a Jack in their life!  Bless his heart, he loves Daisy so much!  We all need a Jack to love us in our unlovable moments.  A dear friend and fellow book reviewer warned me that this was the kind of book I would need tissues for but I didn't listen.  My husband discovered me late last night sobbing like a baby over the contents of this book.  I think he thought I had grown another head.  I tried to explain it to him but he just didn't get it.  "They are just fictional characters!" he cried.  To which I promptly responded, "Yet my heart breaking is so very real!"  His response was just to roll his eyes at me.  Before I go is just one of those books.  You know the kind, those that are so heartbreakingly real that you will likely never be capable of reading it again but the book will forever hold a piece of your heart.  The kind of book that leaves you thinking about the heartache it created for weeks to come.   I would highly recommend this book to anyone, especially those dealing with grief or cancer in their lives.  Before I go gives a beautiful yet realistic sneak peek into the world of someone that is faced with their own mortality and those that care about them most.  However, be forewarned, you may find that you are not the advanced griever that you think you are.  Book rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment