Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Book Review: Ticker

Book Review:

Purchase this book here! Ticker

I greatly enjoyed this read.  This is my first dive into the steampunk genre and I was pleasantly surprised!  Author Lisa Mantchev does a wonderful job of pulling you into the action from page one and keeps up the pace throughout the book.  Ticker is about a young woman named Penny Farthing who is the world's first Augmented human.  She has a clockwork heart and she is racing against time to save her family as well as herself.  I found Penny to be quite a spitfire with one heck of a sense of sarcasm.  I loved the humor that was used throughout the book mostly due to the fact that much of the one liners that Mantchev produces are things I could totally see myself using were I to be in a similar circumstance!  I found it a wonderful introduction to the steampunk genre with enough description that I was not lost but not so much that I felt that the literature had been dumbed down to suit every single reader.  I quickly found myself lost in Mantchev's alternate universe and found myself at several points unable to put down the book until I found out what happened next.  I also had the opportunity to listen to part of the book in audiobook form thank's to Audible's sale of the book and found it to be wonderfully narrated as well.  A wonderful read all around! I look forward to reading more from this author.  Book Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment