Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Book Review: Slip of the Tongue

Book Review:

Purchase this book here! Slip of the Tongue

This was the first book I have read by Jessica Hawkins and I must say I was very impressed with her writing ability!  I was hooked pretty quickly and the emotional intensity of the book kept me turning the pages even if the storyline was a little predictable.  I spent much of the book empathizing with Sadie, even if she did come across as a bit entitled, and despising Nathan.  It wasn't until after I finished the book and had conversed with another friend of mine that had read the book recently that I discovered that part of the reason I reacted so strongly to Nathan had less to do with his bad behavior and more to do with the fact that I am experiencing many of the same life events he is and didn't want to acknowledge the similarities in my own life and marriage.  I gave this book 4/5 stars.  I will certainly be watching for future works by Jessica Hawkins!

1 comment:

  1. See, I was the opposite in that I spent much of the time empathizing with Nathan.
    Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete