Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Book Review: Mastered

Book Review
Purchase this book here! Mastered (The Enforcers series)

Mastered is the first book in a new series written by Maya Banks.  This book is certainly not for the light of heart.  There is plenty of adult language as well as some extremely adult scenes and concepts.  However, that being said, I found myself drawn in from the start by Evangeline; we have a lot in common.  She is a hard working woman who sacrifices much of her own desires for the needs of her family.  I can certainly relate to that feeling.  In this book, the author flirts with that line of being not realistic enough but then again, it is called fiction for a reason, so who am I to judge?  And what hard working woman wouldn't fantasize of being swept off her feet and adored by a guy with so much money he could likely use it for toilet paper if he wanted to?!  

I also found myself relating to Evangeline in the sense that she struggles with her lack of self confidence and that is something I've struggled with for much of my life.  I enjoyed seeing through her eyes and how she worked through it with the additional doting attentions of a man with a good heart.  A pleasant read that didn't require too much intense thinking and could be easily read in the evenings with a nice glass of wine to melt away the day.  This book is not life changing by far, but was certainly the first in a series I intend to continue.  The end left me literally stomping my feet and pissed as hell that the next book doesn't get released until mid-May!  Are you kidding me?! You can't leave me with a cliffhanger like that! What happens?!?!  Guess none of us will ever know....yet.  This is definitely a series to just have all books in the series on hand for ease of just grabbing the next one! I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment