Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2016

Book Review: A Girl's Guide To Moving On

Book Review
Purchase this book here! A Girl's Guide to Moving On

This is the second book in what I believe to be a trilogy by Debbie Macomber.  I have read several books from this author in the past and have always enjoyed her work.  I found that even though this was the second book, I hadn't lost much of the story by not having read the first book other than possibly some backstory from a different minor character in this book.  In A Girl's Guide to Moving On, a mother and her daughter-in-law both divorce their husbands because they have discovered that they were being cheated on.  In order to help themselves heal, these women created a guide to moving on with different rules to follow such as making new friends, and getting involved in something in order to give back to the community.  I found this to be a fun, easy read that had a few good tips for how to move on from any lost relationship be it romantic, familial, or friendship.  I did however find myself confused multiple times due to the fact that the book was written in first person but from alternating viewpoints.  Several times I had to check back to the beginning of the chapter to remember who's head I was in.  I think this could have been presented in a better way in order to present less confusion on behalf of the reader.  All in all, I felt it was a decent read and would recommend this book to others that enjoy reading this genre.  I gave this book 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment